Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have 226B cat skid steer that the bucket stop going up or…

I have 226B cat...

I have 226B cat skid steer that the bucket stop going up or down and will not tilt. Machine runs and turns but the bucket does not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is out in the field and I do not have that at this time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

What kind of motor oil should be used in that machine?

2/3/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Seat belt/safety switches will lock out the boom/bucket hydrauics. Are they working? 15W40 oil is used in the engine.

just working alone for an hour or so and lost response in right control

OK> so is this both boom and bucket loss?

I suspect the seat switch/seat belt or safey bar switches, keeping hydraulics from working. Pump not as likely to just quit unless it was under heavy load and broke the shaft!

no heavy load, switches found where?

The seat switch and seat belt or safety bar, all have switches, that have to be made , or the hydraulics will not work.

Thanks

Thank you. Please rate to close the question.

Do not see a place to rate you? Good

Should be 5 star rating system on customer side, used for rating.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician