Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

G'day, I have a Komatsu PC128uu-1, serial number 1494. I…

Customer Question
G'day, I have a Komatsu...
G'day, I have a Komatsu PC128uu-1, serial number 1494. I bought this machine with burnt wiring. I have obtained full service manuals for both the -1 and -2 machines however my serial number is ***** the range on both of these manuals (-1 manual starts at serial number 2347). I require some information on Hydraulic system testing and adjusting and a wiring diagram.
Cheers
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/30/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What are you seeing for differences in the later serial number break? What information do you need for the hydraulic system testing and adjusting? What work are you doing to the hydraulic system and outside of replacing the burnt wiring, what circuits are you looking for for the electrical?

G'day Dan, the differences are the hydraulic pump and solenoid valves. Which is making it difficult to work out which wires go to the valves. It was only burnt under the rear of the engine so I only need wiring info for around the starter etc. The hydraulic system valves have been adjusted so the machine would run and operate with the machine computer bypassed. So I will require pressures to set it to standard. I have found what I believe to be the LS valve and the LS bypass valve but am unsure of what the one solenoid valve is that is on the pump is. Cheers

Thanks for the update.... Let me do some checking on the early manual for your serial number.... I will be on the road most of the day tomorrow EST here but will see what I can come up with and let me know. So far I found the later one that you have.... also starts at 1715

https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/190075878-download-komatsu-pc128uu-1-pc128us-1-excavator-manual

Thanks mate no worries. If its any help, the machine is what we call grey iron in Australia. Aka a Japanese import.

Yes, It is considered the same here in the US as well. It is going to be tough to find that manual in the US or AU Markets. And if found it will likely be in Japanese unfortunately.