Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

HOW TO REPLACE A HITACHI UHO53 SWING MOTOR SEAL? iTS AN OLD

Customer Question

HOW TO REPLACE A HITACHI UHO53 SWING MOTOR SEAL?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: iTS AN OLD MACHINE, WHERE DO I FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOTHING YET. HAVE JUST REPLACED THE MOTOR, AND NOW THE TURN TABLE HAS A LEAK
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: MY HUSBAND IS A OLD SCHOOL MOTOR MECHANIC, AND HAS WORKED ON LARGE EQUIPMENT BEFORE, SO CAN TALK MECHANIC TALK
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The seal is leaking on the brand new swing motor or is it the swing gearbox leaking into the swing cavity grease making it like soup? If so all the grease needs to be cleaned out and replaced and the swing gearbox needs to be resealed and likely the bearings replaced. Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dan, I have clean hydrolic oil comming out under the turntable
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Okay..... If it is dripping on the ground under the machine it can be coming from the rotary manifold but if it is filling the swing gear cavity and mixing with the grease while running out of the swing seal at the swing gear, it will be likely from the swing motor seal. To confirm, uncouple the swing motor from the gearbox and prop up with a block, engage swing and see if the seal is leaking. Let me know