Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a terex 51-19s. The boom will not go down or extend…

Customer Question
I have a terex 51-19s...
I have a terex 51-19s. The boom will not go down or extend out. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/22/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Sorry, I answered a question for you back in September, and question was not paid. I will opt out.

Well, my credit card was charged anyway.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test for power to the control valve solenoid for the boom down and boom extend functions on the valve block. If none check the wiring harness, fuses, relays, and the controls for proper operation. If there is power there check the control valve for problems or sticking mechanically or a failed solenoid. Let me know the results and your serial number.

I do not have the serial number. I just bought the machine used, It had been sitting up. It seems to stick mostly when there is a load on the forks. Also boom out will not respond. I have hydraulic diagrams from Terex. Which solenoid go to the boom down and out and which control valves go to that function. Which lines coming out of the joystick control these movements?
Thanks for your help.