Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I'm trying to change the neutral return springs on my 463

Customer Question
I'm trying to change the...
I'm trying to change the neutral return springs on my 463 Bobcat skidsteer and I don't want to mess anything up worse than it is already. "H"
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: serial # is###-##-####1t's a 463 Bobcat Skidsteer F Series
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, Thank You
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** with me while I pull up some information for you.

I will bare with you, especially since I now think I know better how this works. "H"

Disregard the model but click on the troubleshooting link below and then see PDF page 117 or section 3-6 and let me know if this is the style you have. If so follow the same procedure.

Troubleshooting

I'm sorry but this isn't the same as mine. This 773 model appears to have a joy stick control and my 463 has two separate levers, one on each side that control forward and reverse on the loader. They also do the steering on my model. "H"

Thanks for the update. You want to replace any worn linkage to be sure to take any of the excessive play from the linkage. When you are adjusting these it is best to do it with the machines wheels off the ground so you can adjust to neutral when the wheels stop moving when centered.

Sorry about the confusion.

Any Answer Yet?

Let me know. This should be the style you have.

this is the right application, I still need instructions on how to change the springs... "H"

Thanks for the update. I found a link for you for the complete service book in PDF for under 10 which is a deal. Click the link below.

Manual

Dan, Technician