Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

How do I go about fitting the hydrolics for a quick hitch on

Customer Question

How do I go about fitting the hydrolics for a quick hitch on a 980G loader Serial no.2sr00452 ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No my local mech is mdoing it for me
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: where do we hook in to and what do we need ?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 8 months ago.

This all depends on the system you are installing.

Is this a CAT coupler? If so, what is the kit number?

Does it come with an electronic control or will a manual valve be used?

If this is another brand, it should have some instructions with it. If you can, scan them or at least take a picture of their recommended connections and I can help you find the correct ports to tie into for pressure. Also include pressure requirements for the coupler.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The quick hitch came with two rams to push the pins in and out . The rest we are hoping you could help us with.Electric switch in the cab, prefer CAT kit.Detail of every thing we require and fitting instructions!!

I am sorry, I did some research and did not find any kits offered for quick coupler installations. I know the new Fusion coupler is not available for large loaders and apparently, CAT has not made one for any of the 980G models.

The details required to install an electric control would require more than I can do here.

If your machine already has a third valve installation, you can tie directly into those lines and only need to reduce the circuit pressures to the spec of the cylinders.

Without the third valve, it will be much cheaper to purchase an electric pump system sold by a third party. I have seen a couple of these pumps on smaller machines and can only assume they would work on a larger loader. Te electric pump system would likely come with a switch and wiring instructions.

I will OPT-OUT in case some one here has seen the system you need and can help you further.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could we continue along the electric pump system ? What would you recommend ?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you have your coupler and specs for that coupler reach out to these guys to get the best kit to match your needs. It will likely be set up for double acting but have a safety locking switch to prevent release of the attachment during operation.

AUX hydraulic custom kit

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?