Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 330B excavator which the hydraulics run slow for a

Customer Question

I have a 330B excavator which the hydraulics run slow for a time when first starting work
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Serial No 8TR00687 Unit No 330B/1
Model 330B Make CATERPILLAR
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: sounds good
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: this machine is running a Waratah 626 big wood mechanized harvester. when using the tracks it is slow and down on power and then sometimes tracks real well. I would have thought it was the center joint but even when not using the tracks the base runs slow then after some time starts to run as it should. almost like a sensor is not working correctly.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 7 months ago.

It is possible to have a "COLD" mode based on very cold hydraulic oil temperatures.

This normally doesn't last long but, if you are in very cold temperatures it could take longer.

Is your hydraulic gauge working correctly? Do you have any temperature problems?

If your rotary joint (swivel) if bypassing oil the track would still move good but, you would have a hard time turning the machine and more so when the oil gets warm.

Is your monitor in top shape? It is possible to view status of the gauges and diagnostic information with the monitor.

Do you have the CAT manual for the base machine components? The manual has a great guide to help working with the monitor and how to use it.

Hi, just checking in to see if you need more help. Please return to the chat window to reply. I cannot help through emails.