Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I operate a 770ch motor grader and the transmission is not

Customer Question

I operate a 770ch motor grader and the transmission is not working properly in 4th,6th,8th gear's. I was told it could be a solenoid not working properly. How do I resolve this. Thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not right now
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's like it slipping in those gears. On occasion it will stop like it put the transmission in nutruel
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** it is acting like its slipping the first thing you want to do is service the transmission and check the oil and filters for a sign of failure. Look for metal/debris, burnt smelling or discolored oil. If clean the next step is to have the pressures checked to see if they are in specs. If so then you will be testing for power in and out of the shift controller to the transmission solenoids in each gear position to check for a faulty shifter or wiring issue. If there is power to the solenoids you will then test the resistance of the solenoids to see if they are all in line with each other as they should be. Any solenoid woth readings far outside the others flags a faulty solenoid. also look for damaged o rings and debris on the valve/mechanical side of the solenoids. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?