Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

While running d5g sometimes, While running my D5G the gear…

Customer Question
While running d5g sometimes ...

While running d5g sometimes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

While running my D5G the gear light comes on and parking brake light,and stops the machine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Batteries are charged, fan belts tight,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

After idling for a while the parking brake and the gear light go off, and it will move again

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/23/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Have you checked the actual voltage at the battery? Overcharging is as bad as under charging.

Have you check the diagnostic lamp to see if it is on?

This is the fuse panel at the left side of the cab entrance.

If the lamp is on, follow the attached instructions to view the fault codes. Record and post the results here and we can find what you need to do for a repair.

Do not clear any codes until the repairs are done. Clearing codes will not fix anything! The repairs must be made to eliminate the codes.