Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Low brake pressure warning light on after Hydraulic

Low brake pressure...

Low brake pressure warning light on after Hydraulic oil/filter change on 2009 426 loader s/n 129 it starts with .. . I did it once about 2 years ago but I cant get remember How I did it. I cant find this in manual I did before

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks brakes were working ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The brakes were working before the oil was change. Just need the steps to recharge the brake pressure... Book tells to take pressure readings. I don't think so. I did it before now just cant find the procedure

12/15/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Is this a CAT loader/backhoe?

They do not have brakes connected to the hydraulic system. The reservoir is separate and the warning is for low level, not pressure.

Do you know the whole serial number including the prefix?

No. It's is a 2009 jcb 426

Ok, I will OPT-OUT so others can see your question.

IS there any JCB loader technicians for 2009 426 HT vin JCB42600V1295729... After service the hydraulic fluid with new fluid. The Low Brake fluid pressure warning came on... How do I get turn off... Brakes were working before....
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi John its Dan. I will be glad to help. First take a close look for external leaks in the brake system that would trigger low pressure and the warning indicator. If ok you could have aire that entered the system and bleeding the brake system will be your next step. What reservoirs did you service? Let me know

Pulling up some specs

Pressure regulator

Input pressure in circuit 164 bar 2378 PSI

Circuit output pressure 200 bar 2900 PSI

Maximum differential pressure 36 bar 522 PSI

Working brake pressure 80 bar1160 PSI

Accumulator

Capacity (per circuit) 0.75 liters 1, 3 pints

Quantity (installed) 4 Accumulator gates

Nitrogen Charge 57 bar 826 PS

Check the wiring and low pressure switch on the brake valve for problems as well if bleeding the air does not correct the issue. Here is the legend for the upcoming diagram.

Legend

1Brake Valve

2Brake Pusher

3Brake Light Switch

4Transmission disconnect switch

5Accumulator input adapters (two)

6Switch, low pressure warning light

7Pilot valve adjuster

8Referring to Fig.90 ° adapter (return to tank)

9Referring to Fig.'T' adapters (brake supply)

10Adapter (pressure from pump)

11Adapter (return to tank through loader valve)

12Straight Adapters (two)

13Seal washers (four)

14Washer Washers (M18)

15Seal washers (five)

16Adapter (return to tank

#6 in the diagram is the low pressure switch. Let me know

Ok. Dan the brakes were working fine before hydraulic oil was completely drain and replaced with new. I call a tech in Alabama he said to open a line up near the brake pump on the right side nearsime pressure ports I have did this before with out bleed brakes 2 years ago Send a picture of the pump
Ok Dan I put a pressure guage on the on the right side of the vehicle where the pump is located. No pressure... So Next Monday when I'm at work I'll get to you on but thanks for this information I'm off until Monday

Thanks for the update. This could mean either the pump has failed or there is a leak on the suction side. Have a great weekend.

Hi, Did you get this resolved ? just checking in so your question stays fresh on my list.

Don't know. I stay home sick

Sorry to hear John. Hope you get well soon. Keep me posted and wish you and yours Happy Holidays in case we dont touch base before then.

Dan Got the Brake light to go out...What you sent me does not quiet match what on this loader...Our brake low pressure switch is on the pump not at the brake valve. I had about 456 PSI pressure. So far so good John

Thanks for the update John. Glad to hear you got this resolved. Its been a pleasure to help.

That's where I bleed the air out of the pump. At the brake light switch

Gotchya. Well lets hope that the problem stays resolved and no air enters the system from another problem. I doubt this will be the case since it happened right after a service.

Dan, Technician