Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We've got a issue with a D6n sn djy00128 We've got 4 error…

Customer Question
Hi we've got a issue...
Hi we've got a issue with a D6n sn djy00128
We've got 4 error lights on the top right display (brake system, trans temp, trans filter blocked and another I'm unsure of)
The machine is working as is should and the trans temp gauge reads a steady half way,
I have the following codes out of the dash,
030
0248.02, 0819.02
036
2417.05
113
0070.02, 0168.04, 0177.04, 0298.02, 0468.08, 0618.02, 0668.12, 0722.03, 1870.03, 1870.04
036
E0232.02
E0172.1
E0539.2 e0539.1
I've got the dealer booked to come out but they can't come for a few days, I'm thinking it's hopefully a bad wire or plug? Any idea where to start? Thanks in advance
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/13/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I pull these codes

What symptoms are you having with the machine?

Code 248.02 Cat data link not communicating. Check the wiring and connector pins for damage.

819 is display datalink

CID Component
0070 Park Brake Switch

0168 Electrical System Voltage
0177 Transmission Oil Temperature Sensor

0248 CAT Data Link
0254 Electronic Control Module

0298 Service Brake Switch

0468 Service Brake Pedal Position Sensor

0618 Park Brake Switch

0668 Transmission Shift Lever

0722 Secondary Brake Solenoid

1870 Blade Angle Position Sensor (Thumb Switch)

0172 Inlet Manifold Air Temperature Sensor

Check all your fuses and relays to begin with and for power and ground to the ECU, dash and display. Check power from the Ignition switch and inspect the wiring harness and connector pins. Test your batteries for bad cells etc and inspect/clean/tighten all cables and connections between the batteries and starter. Click on this link for some detailed troubleshooting information to help testing the circuit. Let me know

Troubleshooting

Thanks very much for the response, there is nothing wrong with the way the machine is performing it's just got these 4 lights showing whilst in use, it seems to be almost certainly a electrical fault, I'm not with the machine until tomorrow again I will advise if I find anything

Thanks for the update. The datalink faults could be caused by low voltage to the ECU or a temporary loss of voltage. check for loose harness connections and test the batteries and charging system as well as clean and tighten the battery to starter connections. Pleasure to help

Hi Dan sorry if this sounds dull, where are the relays on this machine, Obviously I know where the fuses are but I've never had to look into the relays on it before! Thanks

Hi, Sorry for the delay. I had to go out on the road. On this machine they are in different locations depending on the circuit. Click on the schematic I posted and see the component locations and corresponding numbers on the machine in the diagram. You will see the relays listed on the diagram.