Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My komatsu pc75-uu3 excavator is hanging at various points…

My komatsu pc75-uu3 excavator is...
My komatsu pc75-uu3 excavator is hanging at various points on right hand swing.It swings smoothly on left swing.I pulled the swing motor/planitary unit out, took apart,& inspected all gears.bearings,thrust washers,& housings.All were in great shape.Before I go to all the work to get swing frame out to look at the ring gear is it likely to be in the ring gear?note that right swing don't hang at the same point every time.It may turn 1/2 turn one time &1/8 turn the next time.when it hangs you can back it up 2 inches & it will free up & turn so much & hang again.Is there anything else that will cause this in only one direction?
12/13/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** is your machine serial number?

check both the swing gearbox for metal and the hydraulic return filter which would indicate an internal failure occurring. Let me know

Dan, Technician
Phone call session started