Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1995 cat 325L EXCAVATER that when i start the engin…

Customer Question
I have a 1995...

I have a 1995 cat 325L EXCAVATER that when i start the engin the instrument panel goes blank, the engin runs and all the functions work but i havE NO GAGUES. When i try to shut the engin down the key switch does not stop the engin

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1993 Cat 325L SN 8NK00607

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

The throttle wont speed up or down it just idles

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/12/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Have you tried the backup mode switches?

When this is happening, do the wipers, lights travel speed and their indicators light still work?

Did you look at the machine controller to see which lights are on? (Red, Yellow or Green)

I am assuming the charging and starting systems are all working correctly?

What is the battery voltage when this condition is present?

If the monitor is working correctly before start, can you access the fault codes?

The wipers still work. The travel speed lights and the rest of the dash are all not working. No I didn't try the backup mode switches.where is that?and today the lights on the controller are not even coming on

The switches in the back of the armrest are for backup modes. Older machines have one for hydraulic override on one side and engine throttle override on the other side.

What is the battery voltage when this condition is present?If the monitor is working correctly before start, can you access the fault codes?

The attached file shows how to enter the data mode.

Enter the data mode and then enter the error log mode.

Record all the codes listed in the order they are shown and post them here.

This will short cut our troubleshooting time tremendously.

Can you tell me the status of this question?

Did you locate the codes?

Are you still working on this problem?