Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My BC 518 is surging and stalling, canot drive and work as…

Customer Question
my BC 518 is surging...
my BC 518 is surging and stalling , canot drive and work as normal, all working parts ok boom bucket etc, if you turn off and on you are good for five feet
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/11/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

What is BC-518? Make of unit? Application? Engine? Do you ave fuel to the engine after the filter?

Bobcat Versahandler 518

Engine kills with key. So you have an electric fuel solenoid. It has to have 12 vols to stay open. Locate it and see f it is killing engine. Solenoid can be bad, or it can be losing voltage. On a Kubota engine, solenoid is just left of the injection pump.

engine dies on thottle turnining key off and on gets me another five feet could it be the fuel filter

Can be fuel filter or a restriction in fuel supply. What does it have for fuel pump to move the fuel t the injection pump? Electric or manual?

I see question is still open, did you find problem?