Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat 873 that has the AHC light on. Model is 873…

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat 873 that has the AHC light on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model is 873 and serial is###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Unhooked battery swapped the servos.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tilt automatically goes down when started. Like the tilt actuate is stuck open.

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/3/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What are you getting for fault codes?

A common problem is the harness around the actuators. Check for rubbed through wiring ot corroded or damaged connector pins. If okay try re-calibration of the actuators and see if the problem still exists. If so you likely have a failed actuator. Let me know

Fault code is 32-34. How do I recalibrate the actuator?

that means ACS Controller Calibration Performed

BOBCAT MANUAL ACTUATOR CALIBRATION:
1. Lower the safety bar
2. switch the drive to ISO
3. push the right joystick all the way forward and right with your right hand and hold it there
4. with your left hand put the ignition into RUN position
5. with your left hand press the green button (Press To Operate Loader)
6. let go the joystick
If everything is OK you should get 32-24(ACS Controller Calibration Performed ) code on the display which means that the calibration went good While calibrating you can also hear the electromotor move the slide valve to its extreme positions.