Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a pc76uu-1 komatsu right track will not turn. it

I have a pc76uu-1...

I have a pc76uu-1 komatsu right track will not turn. it happened 3 months ago., and then started working as normal. then stopped turning again. other track workes normally. I went through the final drive sproket, and it could not have had a problem, or it would not have worked the 2nd time. Now, when I move the control, I get no response out of that track. Perhaps it is hydraulic control problem; do not know where to look. Which spool would you think it might be? and where is it ? The whole hydraulic control for the tracks is exposed, what now?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No - not at this point As if now; I do not know whee to turn, or what to look for.

11/30/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check the hydraulic filter for fine metal debris indicating a pump or component failure occurring. If clean check the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for debris, damaged o rings, etc causing a bypass of pressure. Next check the final drives for metal chunks and if all is okay you will want to check for excessive case drain at the drive motors for a possible faulty drive motor.

To check the case drain, pin the track and sprocket to prevent movement of the track, disconnect and cap the case drain hose, run a hose from the case drain port to a bucket, operate that track and you should only have low volume and pressure of oil. If under high pressure or volume it means the drive is bad and has excessive internal leakage. If it passes the case drain test, reseal the rotary manifold as the next step in troubleshooting. ( out of 10 travel issues are from rotary manifold seals bypassing. Let me know

Dan, Technician