Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Tn50ta clutrch will not disengage i have tried low gear and

Customer Question
bind up on the brakes...
tn50ta clutrch will not disengage i have tried low gear and bind up on the brakes, hav also parked tractor in higher gear and jerk it back and forth all with a stick holding clutch pedel in Help
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: T N 60 D A I can go and get ser # if you need it
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** texed you about a New Holland tn60 with stuck clutch i can't find ser # can you guide me tractor was built in Italy has a 4 range trans stick also a 4 speed trans stick and to left of seat a stick forward and reverse the 4 speed trans stick will not shift unless you push in clutch but clutch has no effect on disengaging drive wheels also its a fwd thanks for any help checking all leads before splitting
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found ser # on paperwork HJE076163
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Has tractor been sitting , where the clutch would have stuck to the flywheel? If so, to get clutch unstuck, you have to be able to get tractor in a higher gear, and start it! You need plenty of room to operate tractor.. The with tractor running and driving hold the clutch down, best to tie pedal down. Jerk the tractor using the brakes to load the clutch . When clutch breaks loose, the tractor will stop driving. BE SAFE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not my first stuck clutch i have tried all options to break it loose yes tractor set for 8 months I have already started to break down tractor to split I wish i had a shop manual To access top bell housing bolts does cab tip back or should I try to get access through floor? did I mention I am also a mechanic

Wow, must really be stuck! Most will come loose f the clutch is down, so the pressure plate is released . As for service manual, I don't have access to one, but from what I know about New Holland manuals, it would not give any direction as how to get to the bolts! Sorry.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician