Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 2005 case 40xt skid loader. it moves but loader

Customer Question

I have a 2005 case 40xt skid loader. it moves but loader controls don't work as if the a safety switch is on. then sometimes they will work most of the time not.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2005 case 40xt I don't have serial number at this time
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that's it
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

the seat switch and seat belt safety switches are what controls the hydraulic lock on the control valve. They close a relay, looks like a starter solenoid , and solenoid has to activate and keep the lock valves in the control valve open. Do you get indication the safety switches are working? If so, check the solenoid, it may not be closing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is a intermittent problem. I crossed the seat switch but haven't done anything to the belt switch. I haven't been using the belt at all. is the switch by the belt itself? and where is the relay located at? also I just bought this and was working great this seemed to happen after I pressure washed it.

Looks to only have seat switch and operator presence switch on operator bar. The relays and circuit breakers are under fuse cover, shown below. May be bad relay. See link below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did switch with a different relay already woth same results

Do hear relay close? If not relay not getting power from safety switches. Is power getting to the lock solenoid?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What one is the relay for sure. The park light goes on and off. Where is the solinoid located at?

#15 and # 17 are the solenoids that lock the control valve, and have to have power from relay. See link below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you. I will have to check them tomorrow. And let you know. The link didnt download from my phone so ill try on lap top. Talk to you tomorrow

I see question is still open, did you find probelm?