Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have 3800c madill. It has developed a problem. When I

Customer Question
I have 3800c madill...

I have 3800c madill. It has developed a problem. When I start working machine it seems to be fine. After awhile it loses hydraulic power. When I travel it booms down. If I extend stick to end it will start booming down once stick has stalled out. I have pulled both spools they seem to be centered and no contamination. Compensates don't seem to be stuck any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/15/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number? Check the relief valve cartridges and o rings as well as for debris and sticking causing pressure to bypass. I see you checked the spools and compensators already. Let me know

Serial is 106Relief valve cartridges on valve body or main relief

The circuit reliefs for those functions. The main should be fine if you have full power but I would still check it to be sure. Another thing to consider is if the problem worsens with the machine up to operating temp is a possible cracked valve body. Let me know