Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 2013 New Holland Skid Steer with a bad ECM. It has

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 2013 New...
I have a 2013 New Holland Skid Steer with a bad ECM. It has a Tier 4 engine (F5HFL413A*A000).
The machine has a EDC17C49-F5 engine(P_826) ECM/ECU. I will have to have a blank ECM/ECU installed into
my machine. I have read thru dd85's answer to the man that a bad ECM on his farm tractor. My question is how is the blank
ECM initialized? So that the ECM knows the machine that belongs in? I just don't want to have it so that my machine
won't function correctly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/15/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The ECM has to be reprogrammed by the dealer to the existing ECM parameters. LEt me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I totally understand that. My question was how is the ECM initialized? It has to be initialized before programming.
It is a Blank ECM. It needs to have the machine PIN and Engine Serial Number installed as part of being initialized.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can google (New Holland ECM Programming) and see the answer that dd85 gave to the man with a bad New Holland ECM.

Hi Mike, This is all done with the Dealer software. I have worked for several dealers. There is customer base software and dealer level software that only dealers have access to those files. Your existing ECM parameters and MAP are saved and uploaded to the file and transferred to the new ECM when possible. Otherwise it is entered in through the dealer level diagnostic program. Are you trying to do your own programming? Unless you know someone with dealer level access that is willing to do this for you, you will not be able to get the factor passwords to do this. Ill google it but it would be easier if you provided the link if you could.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dd85's answer is from just answer he is a tech that gives info on just answer. Dealer level only inputs Data Sets.

He is another one of the experts here on the site such as I. Click on this link. This is all programmed into the Software in the laptop including initialization.

NH Programming

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MH Auto says he is a scam stay away! My ECM is EDC17C49-F5 engine (P_826) not programmed thru K-Line. That is why
I need to talk to somebody that is familiar with CNH EST 8.4.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is MHH Auto a software website.
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 1 year ago
dd85
dd85, Technician

The Blank ECU will have to be programmed by a NH Dealer with the NH EST (EST should be 8.5.0.0 ) After it is installed in the Machine.

Then the Parameters for the machine must be set by the Dealer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello dd85,
When you say Parameters do you mean Data Set?

Yes Data Set.

Question though

the ECM, is this the Engine Control Module?

What is the Serial Number o f this unit?

Why I am asking is if this is the Engine Control Module it is covered by NH Emission Warranty if the unit is under 5 years from Retail date.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no warranty the machine had a small fire in it. The Data Sets do not initialize a Blank ECM. I read what you told the man that had a farm tractor about two years ago and that all makes sense about the ASSIST through New Holland.
You give ASSIST the DRC and all of the other information about the machine and you receive a password ***** install the
correct Data Base. My question from the beginning is about Initializing a Blank ECM.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have pretty much exhausted all my efforts to get this thing answered. I will have to find a NH dealer to resolve my problems.
Thanks anyway
dd85
dd85
dd85, Technician