Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

On a Case 95XT, when running something plugged into the

Customer Question
auxiliary hydraulics. I get settling...
On a Case 95XT, when running something plugged into the auxiliary hydraulics. I get settling in the lift arms and the bucket tilt, when I engage the attachment using the foot lever. Also, my flow rate goes faster if I use the parking brake when engaging auxiliary hydraulics, and when I disengage the park brake, attachment slows down. What would I be looking for? I assume an internal leak, Case replaced one of the tilt cylinders recently.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/29/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

In most cases you replace the cylinders in pairs

reason being is the new one is over pressuring

the old and left it leak past seals

I hope this helped you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, so you think the problem is in the older cylinder not the self leveling valve or anything else? Would this be causing reduced flow to the attachment until the parking brake is set?

HI

Yes that with be the cause of the issue

not a valve, reduce flow will occur when in motion,

park brake on, more fluid pressure

Hi. If this helped you,

Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

I do not get paid for question, unless you rate my answer

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When machine is not moving, and I engage attachment, different flow pressures with the parking brake on or off. Makes me think that another circuit is leaking somewhere. I can't think that a internal leak on a tilt bucket would cause this. Thoughts?

Morning

well that is my thoughts,

try adjusting the main relief in the control valve

als o test the pump is supposed to make 2900 psi and 15 gallons per minute at 2,000 rpm, you might get the pressure but if the pump is leaking internally only half the flow or even less... and the flow you're not getting because it's leaking back by the gears gets turned into heat

Hi. If this helped you,

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Morning

just following up with you

did my answer help you //

let me know

Wayne, Journeyman