Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I HAVE A 2001 NEW HOLLAND LS 180 AND ALL THE SUDDEN I LOST

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2001 NEW HOLLAND LS 180 AND ALL THE SUDDEN I LOST MY DRIVE BUT LIFT WORKS
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I WILL GO GET IT
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: IM A AUTO MECHANIC AND TRYING TO DO IT MYSELF WHERE IS THE NUMBER
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE LOW PRESSURE LIGHT CAME ON AND TESTED THE HYDRO SWITH AND BYPASSED IT ALSO AND NO CHAGE , TESTED HYDRO PRESSURE AND WAS LESS THAN 50 PSI
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IM THINKING I HAVE A FAULTY RELIEF VALVE OR BUSTED SPRING
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

New Holland uses a hydraulic filter for the charge pump that does not bypass. If filter plugs, it shuts down the drive system. You know you have no pressure, so the first thing to try is to replaced the hydraulic suction filter for the charge pump. If no change, then the charge pump section needs to be checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID REPLACE THE FILTER IN THE REAR NEAR RADIATOR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANYONE AVALIABLE TO HELP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CAN HE CALL ME TOMORROW
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

See the link above, it is the RH pump with the charge pump. With no pressure, this pump is not getting oil, or it is not turning. I am up this AM, not sure what else I could add. The charge pump has to be area of failure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the flywheel cover off and the gears look great. What about a relief valve issue. Can u buy just a charge pump or is it the whole thing
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

No, parts are available to replace the charge pump only. Relief valve would have to be stuck open, but with charge pump, not as likely as if the main pressure was low. Without charge pump fluid, the main will not work. You don't have a suction leak between filter and charge pump connections?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a flow diagram for this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the charge pump draws directly off the reservoir. The filter is on the return side just before reservoir. I think
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I don't have flow schematic, but I was always taught that the charge pump will have non bypass filter before it, which will keep drive pumps from starving for fuild, by shutting down the system.