Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I want to fit a 4 in 1 bucket to a 410 Deer backhoe. I need

Customer Question

I want to fit a 4 in 1 bucket to a 410 John Deer backhoe. I need to know where to connect the hydraulics?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Looking on the registration papers for that information
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying to find where to hook to get power/oil pressure. the john deere 210 is a 1982 model serial number 382699T
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Can you please tell me where to connect the hydraulics to get oil pressure to operate a 4in 1 bucket on a 410 john deere. 1982 model seriel number 382699T John Deere 410
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it thank you
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

You are removing the loader end bucket with two functions and replacing it with a 4 in one bucket with four controls? Do you have extra control valve with two extra spools or a solenoid block with push-button control to work the functions? You need either a 4 spool valve to replace your existing loader control valve, or a two spool valve with solenoid functions! Unless you already have a four spool valve, which is unlikley.