Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 330Cl serial no.is *CAT0330CEDKY01485*everything working…

Customer Question
My 330Cl serial no.is *CAT0330CEDKY01485*everything...
My 330Cl serial no.is *CAT0330CEDKY01485*everything working perfectly but if release the boom and you go down its like something is broking the hydraulic system
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/29/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Emmanuel, It is Dan. Can you provide more detail in what is happening? Is the boom going down on its own with the controls released? If so check for sticking pilot plungers under the joystick control handle and boot. They are known to stick and if so you can replace the plunger. If thats okay check the boom relief valves and the control valve spool for damage or not centering from broken springs etc. Also check the cylinder for bypass in the seals of the cylinder. Let me know.