Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have an 892ELC excavtor that uses the HPV145 hydraulic

Customer Question

Hello
I have an 892ELC excavtor that uses the HPV145 hydraulic pump
I keep having problems with this pump
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Milton, My name is***** believe the problem you are having is a result of contamination in the system from the original failure. Once there has been a failure that has pushed metal through the system, it needs to be thoroughly flushed and all components cleaned out as the debris will constantly flow through the system and continue to prematurely wear and cause other components to fail or wear.. Remove the in tank return filter and inspect the inside of the filter element for fine metal/debris indicating a current failure and a contaminated system.... Let me know