Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 210le skip loader, I hit a hard bump &the parking…

Customer Question
i have a 210le skip...
i have a 210le skip loader, I hit a hard bump &the parking brake engaged, I cant get it to
release. I shut it off to see if it release, then the tractor would not start it acts like its in gear the starter wont engage, help
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/19/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number?

Take a very close look at the wiring harness and connector pins for damaged or corroded wiring if you are 100% sure the fuses and relays are good. Test got power in and out of the park brake switch and to the solenoid with a test light or volt meter. Let me know

JOHN DEERE SERIAL NUMBER# ***** 885711
CHECK ALL PINS & CONNECTIONS, ALL WORKS. THERE IS POWER IN AND OUT OF SOLENOID AND BRAKE SWITCH.

thanks for the update. It sounds like the transmission neutral safety is not seeing neutral causing these symptoms. By chance the the shift lever take a jolt? Test power in and out of the shift lever in each posistion to see if there are damaged contacts inside. Let me know