Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

D6t machine runs perfectly, turn machine of when hot will

Customer Question
not start [not every time]...
D6t machine runs perfectly, turn machine of when hot will not start [not every time]. No real pattern to run time or length of time it starts again [5-20mins]. Machine turns over will not fire, runs perfectly when started
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model: D6T LGP AR
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: S.No: HJWD00253
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/14/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Do you have CAT ET or a service tool to test the engine fuel system? (Usually CAT ET program is the only one that can view all the parameters.)

Your problem is possible fuel injectors and if it is, you will still need ET to program the new injector trim files into the ECM.

You may also need special tooling to isolate the injectors from the pump for pressure testing procedures.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician