Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have Caterpillar 315C and i am wanting to install a quick…

Customer Question
Hi i have Caterpillar 315C...
Hi i have Caterpillar 315C and i am wanting to install a quick coupler to it, it doesnt have any hoses going down the stick so i am wanting to know how i can tell if it already has the solenoid fitted and just need to plumb into it and run some hydraulic hoses or i need a complete kit?
Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/14/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago
Bradley Martin

What is your serial number I will see what I can find for you

Serial number is *****
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Do you have a foot switch in the cab?

I don't have a foot switch but have an electric switch on right hand side near footwell that not sure what it does. Will have a look for that valve and manifold when I get to machine
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Ok let me know when you find out

No can't see that valve anywhere near bottom of boom
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

Ok if you do not have that valve you will have to purchase the kit the hooks up to that switch in the cab

Ok have you got a part number?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 6 years ago

I can look it up may take a little bit of digging I will get back with you

Hi Bradley I have a valve to put on machine can you tell me where to plumb into the excavator hydraulics?