Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have an excavator Hyundai Robex 15-7 which is cutting out 5…

Have an excavator Hyundai...

Have an excavator Hyundai Robex 15-7 which is cutting out 5 min after startup Battery light stays in for this 5 second duration

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

(Sorry is cutting 5 seconds not minutes )

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial HY1570049

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

2006 model. Um nope just that is cutting out 5sec in an the battery light stays on. Thank you

Answered in 1 day by:
9/12/2016
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 6 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don't normally work on these, but I will see what I can assist with. Do you still need assistance?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Hi there
Yes still having the challenge.
Starts, runs approx 5 seconds with battery light staying on. Stops.
Assumed it was trying to tell me alternator but volt tests show 12.7 when off, 11.5 while glo plugs heat up (5-6 seconds), 9.5 whilst cranking, then floats ip to 14.4 when running (before cutting out) so I'm baffled.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is it stalling instant like you turned off the key?

Yep like have turned off the keySorry we are in different timezones hence the delay in grtting back promptly

I understand.... I have been dealing with an emergency here myself and it also has been tough getting on here. Check the fuel shutoff solenoid for loss of power with a test light and if there is not loss of power but it disengages, replace the faulty solenoid. If it is due to a power loss, check fuses, relays, power in and out of the key switch, and the wiring harness and connector pins. Let me know

Dan, Technician

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If so please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site or reply back for more help.

Hi DanNope havent had a chance to get back up the hill check the fuel solenoid is mid winter and the weather is terrible am hoping can do so this weekend.

Thanks for the update. Keep me posted.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

No success at this point.Fuel solenoid shuts off after 5 seconds.If disconnect the fuel solenoid so it doesn't shut off it will run indefinitely.Battery battery light stays on and the boom/arm hydraulics wont operate (blade and tracks will operate).Fuses etc check out.Am stumped.

Thanks for the update. Do you have the shop manual with the electrical schematics? Have the battery tested with a digital tester for bad cells or other internal problems as well as full charge. Test the alternator that it charges around 2 volts above battery voltage with the engine running and the belt is good and tight. If not the alternator is not charging or has a problem. Have it bench tested for internal problems. Clean, inspect, and tighten all battery to starter connections and grounds as well as alternator wiring. Check all relays for a faulty or shorted relay by swapping with a known good one from another circuit one at a time. Let me know

Also, I found a PDF downloadable manual for under 10 to help you with identifying and testing the circuit. Click below. Test the key switch for power in and out in each position and that it functions as it should as well. Let me know

Manual