Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have Altec Bucket Truck Model AA-600 Serial Number

Customer Question
0788-J2149 Located on the lower controls...
I have Altec Bucket Truck Model AA-600 Serial Number 0788-J2149
Located on the lower controls there is a joystick that moves the boom clockwise and counter-clockwise. I removed the valve body and found a piece broken off. It has no part number or ID Number on the piece. I have photographs of the piece. I can not find anyone that can give me information on getting a replacement. Can you offer any help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Bradley Martin

Are you talking about the swing joystick?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not the joystick itself. I am talking the hydraulics that are worked by the joystick. Our bucket would only go clockwise. The pilot valve for counterclockwise rotation was broken off. I've added photographs of the valve pieces.
IMG_8024.JPGIMG_8024.JPGIMG_8025.JPGIMG_8025.JPGIMG_8025.JPGIMG_8025.JPGIMG_8027.JPGIMG_8027.JPGIMG_8028.JPGIMG_8028.JPGIMG_8029.JPGIMG_8029.JPG
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Working on it I will get back with you as soon as possible

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

See if this is what you are looking for

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Did the info I sent help you?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Any news yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. The Altec Drawing you sent shows the Valve Body. My Pic No. 8027 shows my main valve body. What I am looking for is on my Pic 8028 this brass fitting piece attaches to the side of the main valve body. The large hole in the front of this brass body is where the joystick mounts. My pic #8029 is the back side of this brass body. In this picture, there is an aluminum "plug valve" that screws into the back of the brass fitting. You can still see the threaded end in the brass fitting from where it broke off. My pic #8027 shows an aluminum "plug valve" with its threads still attached. This is what I need...Another "Plug Valve" to replace the broken one. I was able to back the threaded end out of the brass body, so it is fine. I just need a new plug valve for the back of the joystick brass valve assembly.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Unfortunately Altec does not off individual pieces for that valve you will need to buy the whole section of that valve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By whole section are you meaning the joystick brass section and valve plug...(My Truck has three joystick brass bodies that attach to the Main Hydraulic Valve Assembly.) Or will the entire Main Hydraulic Valve Assembly Body along with the three joystick brass assemblies that attach to the main valve body need to be replace completely?.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

You just need to get the section of valve with the faulty plug valve you do not need to get the joysticks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Back to my original question. Is there a part number or ID number for this piece. Altec service can't figure out what I am in need of.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

On the picture I sent you each section has a part number contact Altec parts they should be able to cross the part number over

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The drawing I received doesn't show the Joystick's or the brass fitting they mount in. So I am not sure what part number you are referring to.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

How many sections over from the main hydraulic line coming in is the section that you need

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician