Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a bobcat 963 and it quit moving. The bucket and arms

Customer Question
work but no forward or...
I have a bobcat 963 and it quit moving. The bucket and arms work but no forward or backward vehicle motion. The previous owner states the dealer put new belt and hydaulic pump in it within the last 6 months and I've only put 20 hours on it . I have already purchased a mechanic manual on it but I do not know what to check next. When I called the dealer they were no help.
JA: I'm trying to find the right Heavy Equipment Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Ok
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/6/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Bradley Martin

Have you checked the brake solenoids?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but if you tell me how and where they are I will
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
maybe how to disarm them so I can take back to the dealer. This unit just had $8900 in related repairs and I find it odd they won't help get this back to there shop. Go figure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Let me do some research can I get back with you this evening

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

I dont have a manual on this particular machine I will opt out and let another expert see if they have a manual to better assist does your manual have any sections on the parking brake most of them are located under the cab on a valve bank

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is but the manual is not clear on detail
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Does it show you where the solenoids are?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you want me to call you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok but what do I do with them? I can Hotwire them, ground them, open circuit? Or what?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Most solenoids need a hot wire and ground to activate it should be grounded to frame already just need to use a hot wire to activate it you should here it click when you hot wire it

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you want me to call you or let another expert help you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you going to call me?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Where you able to find the solenoids?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

You will have to offer the call again the last phone call expired.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician