Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have an old Takeuchi TB25 was running but it would die when…

have an old Takeuchi TB25...
have an old Takeuchi TB25 was running but it would die when Itried to use it so I replaced the fuel line(a lot of sluge) and filters clean the tank, flushed the motor and rad and the motor seems to run fine. The problem is the hydraulics are slow, the tracks are even slower won’t move up hill. One track is even slower than the other. What do ya think
anybody there?
Answered in 1 day by:
8/28/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your machine serial number? Check inside the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal/debris indicating a pump problem occurring. Slow hydraulics in all functions indicate a weak pump. Also slower hydraulics with travel 9 out of ten times is related to bad rotary manifold seals. Let me know

is the rotary manifold seal in the pump or is it in another part

The rotary manifold is the cylindrical component between the upper car body and lower track frame that the travel lines go through that allow the machine to swing 360 degrees. This only effects the travel circuit though so if all functions are slow it would point to more of a pump or control valve/relief valve issue.

The motor that turns the upper part(slew?) does turn all the way around. Its the track and boom and dozer that are so slow

that is the swing motor mounted on the swing gearbox. the rotary manifold will be lower and next to that center of the machine and swing circle with lines going to it top and bottom. The travel motor lines connect to the bottom of it.

hi Dan I’m back lol. if you were to purchase a hydraulic pump what pump(name) would it be. someone asked me which pump I needed the main pump and might have mentioned the travel or track pump. thanks for your assist

It will be the main pump. Pleasure to help.

Dan, Technician