Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 2002 ls180 turbo new holland and it bogs down when

Customer Question
i move and use the...
I have a 2002 ls180 turbo new holland and it bogs down when i move and use the hydraulics. changed all filters and replaced the lift pump, no black smoke when i move it. it had new a injection pump on it when i bought it i changed the injectors and still no power. can the injection pump be out of time it has a hard time starting and it idle fine and rpm fine only when i put it under load it bogs down thanks Orlando
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/19/2016
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 1 year ago
dd85
dd85, Technician

2 things to check

Remove the fuel pickup tube and cut about ½ inch off the bottom and reinstall. Test run, we have had some where the fuel tank buckles up and blocks off the tube.

Next is the fuel pump running and pumping fuel?

What color smoke is coming out of the exhaust?

if it is the fuel pump you can use part number 87802238 it will fit and is a little cheaper.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the lift pump and it has a good stream of fuel to the injector pump and also replaced the fuel injectors
There is no black smoke it sounds like it's out of time when it starts. When I bought it
It had a new injector pump on it.there is a sending unit that looks like a threaded bolt on the injector pump with no terminal hook to it. Is it supposed to be like that with no terminal connected to it and it is a 2 speed skid steer thanks orlando

Is there a sending unit that does have a wire on it also?

It it was out of time it wouldn't start normally. Are the retaining bolts loose?

There should be a fuel shut off solenoid at the "backend" of the injection pump, sticking straight up. this is what allows fuel to enter the injection pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has a hard time starting I need to start it with starting fluid the injector pump also the solenoid wire is hooked up at the pump.
When it's running I loosen up the fuel injector lines on each injector and it seems to act correctly loosing power as I open each injector fuel line nut. Is there a way to check injector pump timing without taking the pump off

I may need the serial number of the unit.

On the flange where it mounts to the block is there a bolt with a tab?

Look at the attached and see if this is what you have.

Is the other "sensor" you are talking about at the bottom of the injection pump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
at bottom of the pump
The motor n332t

There should be a wire that has 12 volts when the key is turned to on. then go off when the key is turned off. This is called a "Wax motor" . with out the wire you are running in start up mode. You cannot jump from the fuel shut off solenoid, should be a separate wire.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks I will connect the wire and see what does

also On the flange where it mounts to the block is there a bolt with a tab?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hooked up the wire and it runs the same it won't start only when I use starting fluid
Hot or cold

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you talking about flange that's on the pump it self or the block
The flange on the pump has bolt to connect a terminal
Also this a 2 speed can you tell me what switch on the joystick controls the 2 speed don't know on the joystick maybe it's on hi

the 2 speed is on the right side handle.

dd85
dd85
dd85, Technician