Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

519029241s1i5bobcat wont start wont turn over no lights on

Customer Question

1i5bobcat wont start wont turn over no lights on the panel's good battery checked all grounds help
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If possible I would prefer to have answers in text instead of email at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

do you have power at the fuse box

both sides ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is your lap bar doing any difference .

sounds to be the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seat bar only controls the Hydraulics and drive functions unit can be started without seat bar being lowered
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Morning

I will opt-out of this and post back to board for another expert

sorry I could not help

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

No lights at dash, look for a blown fusible link at the starter. Will look like a fuse soldered in a wire, May not be shown in parts book, but is common practice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fusible link. Also I have no power at the key switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I hold the fuel cutoff solenoid open and short the starter the unit will start and run as long as I'm holding the fuel shut off switch open
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The wire attached to the same terminal as the battery cable on the starter solenoid ,is the power wire for the keyswitch, it goes through fuse panel, to the key switch. Trace the wire by color and see where it is loosing voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you happen to have the wiring diagrams for this unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't the power go from the fuse panel to the key switch via the circuit board between the two?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm sure it does, but in theory it goes goes direct. No , I don't have a wiring diagram. Do you find voltage past the fuse panel to the circuit board?