Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have c9 cat 08 looking for fuel regulator location

Customer Question
i have c9 cat 08 looking for fuel regulator location
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/5/2016
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 1 year ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Can you get me your engine serial number please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
C9S00924
Thanks for the information.
Let me get some info together. Be back in a minute.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i don't have a phone working at this time

Here is the all component location sheet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lxwi5y70tl7vht/C9S%20components.pdf?dl=0

Let me know if you need more help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still need to know why I have no throttle after changing the turbo. Throttle starts out low and when it gets to 2000 rpm it drops down and up. There is oil or fuel in the turbo on the egr side.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also it diesel when i shutt down engine
Thanks for the information.
Do you have any codes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SPN3474 FMI 31
Code 3474-31 is a loss of combustion. This indicates the regen ARD head is lost its flame. This will cause a derate and low power and soot loading of the DPF. Most often the cause of this code is a bad clogged ARD head. Once this problem is fixed the system should regen and power be regained.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I did not have this problem until the turbo was changed and then tried to drive it and this happened.
I understand. But if there is oil in the system it has most likely went into the ARD head. If you have a loss of combustion. The system is trying to regen due to spot loading.
You may also have oil in the DPF. You should remove the piping to the DPF and make sure it's no got any oil in it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do a manual regen since I can't drive it
You will need Cat ET software to force a regen.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can the ARD Head be cleaned or do you have to replace it
It will need to be replaced. Sorry. Cleaning normally never works. I wish it did.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.

Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert