Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My safety bar switch went out and I tried to jump the wires

Customer Question

My safety bar switch went out and I tried to jump the wires to get it to move out of the way, which didn't work. I replaced the switch, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fuse that I may have blown?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

make and model? Have you checked the fuse panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bobcat 763###-##-#### Couldn't find fuse panel.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

There are two small fuse boxes located at the rear of the engine compartment.Open the rear engine door and look to the lower right of the engine assembly. The two small covers,one above the other, held on with metal clips are the fuse boxes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not find the fuses so I had to call Bobcat. The came to the job and fixed it. It was the switch.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

compressor could keep engine from cranking at enough speed to start. You can't unload the compressor?