Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Working on a deere 330LC Problem is with tracking. Right

Customer Question

Working on a john deere 330LC
Problem is with tracking.
Right track runs much slower and with lest power then left. Power jumps up on right track when stick function is activated while travelling.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dan, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are other functions slow or having similar symptoms or only travel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only travel right track. Speed increases if I use the stick in or out function while travelling
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. If it is only travel then check for excessive case drain on that drive motor. Remove cover to access lines, disconnect case drain and run a hose from the case drain port into a bucket. With the track pinned between the chain and sprocket to prevent movement, Engage travel and you should only get a low volume of case drain. If under high pressure or volume, that drive motor is bad. If the drive motor tests good reseal your rotary manifold for a bypass of pressure in the seals. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did the motor bypass test and all was good. Rotory manifold would still bypass when stick is curled and problem would still be present. If I curle the stick in I can drive this unit normally. I believe problem is somehow tied to the pump throw cct. Demand for pump flow only seems to increase when the stick curl is activated..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The functions are split between the pumps.... Right track and left track are separated between front and rear pumps as well as boom, bucket, and arm functions. If only isolated to a travel problem only it is unlikely pump control issue but likely a control valve, faulty relief, etc in the travel circuit if the drive tests good. If there are several functions affected then verify your pump signal pressure is signalling the pumps for full stroke. Also check the filter for fine metal/debris. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What port on the pump is used for signal pressure? What should full stroke pressure be?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Signal pressure is measured teeing into the small lines to the front and rear pump controls. What is your serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

system relief pressure is 4480-4845 PSI

Pilot Pressure at fast idle 580-725 PSI

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FF0330X080551
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a control block mounted between the main valve bank and rotation motor. It has multiple sensors on it. 4 to be exact. Wiring on these is falling apart. Connection are brutal. What i the function of this block. Looks to have a signal from pilot pressure at rotator..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. Click on this link to access the online parts

JD parts,