Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

350 C Deere, crawler. Starts and runs till it warms up then…

350 C John Deere...
350 C John Deere, crawler. Starts and runs till it warms up then it started to lose power and floods. lots of black smoke. Have changed injector. 3 cyl.
7/18/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Fuel filters been replaced? Black smoke is typically too much fuel, too little air. Is the air inlet system clean, no collapsing of the hoses? If all seem to be ok, fuel filters replaced, then run a test hose from the inlet of the primer pump, back into the fuel tank filler opening, bypassing the tank and the tank outlet line.

When you say primer pump. are you talking the fuel pump. I have done all of the things you mention, even took off return line from the enjecter and thought it was pluged. did't help' Even ck the glass ball in valve. it was free. What does the meatering valve do in side the injector. It runs good for about 5 min. then floods out.

metering valve controls the output to the injectors.

That would require the injection pump to be rebuilt.

Are you sure you don't have internal engine problem, and the engine is trying to seize and the injection system is going to the max, trying to compensate for the load??

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started