Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Volvo EC210 is showing error code SE9701-11 from the ECC.

Can you tell me what...
My Volvo EC210 is showing error code SE9701-11 from the ECC. Can you tell me what this code is?
7/16/2016
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 6 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic

Hi My name is***** can help you with this.

Can you provide the serial number and letter designation? Is it a c or d machine?

Also are you sure its not a code that is the se 8701, not an 9701? The 1st number indicates the system reference and 9 is hydraulics while 8 is cab controls.

The ecc controls the grounds to the compressor and it is a common failure point. It could be the display panel but without the test equipment its difficult to check. If you had another machine with similar components it would be simple to swap and test. The sensor 8701 is the high pressure sensor for the ac. I can send info tonight if needed on locations and measurements.

It is a C machine but do not have the Seriel number.l may have read the code incorrectly.Unfortunately I don't have another machine to swap parts with.

okay don't worry about the serial number i'm pretty sure its an 8 instead of a 9. Ill put some info together and forward it tonight to see if it can assist you. Thanks

Okay. Thanks

your welcome

Hello her is the description of the system and some info to ponder over.

part 2

Here is some info on troubleshooting and in my reading of other with this complaint many times it was a incorrect charge causing the system to code. I would recommend evacuating the system and recharging with 1.8 lbs of freon. Also see what the gauges are reading and see if the high pressure is low or the low side is too low. i would expect to read pressures 15-30 on the low and 150-290 on the high side under normal operation. I have replaced many of the ecc computer and its a possibility with consideration for the i-ecu as well. But those are expensive so let do a simple recharge and see what that does. There has been a compressor update as well but if your system is still working then i would let it go. I hope this helps with your fault at hand, if you need help with Volvo construction equipment in the future please ask for me dieseldan55. Thanks

dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic