Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Curtis I also have a case 430 skid steer quit running and…

Customer Question
Hi Curtis I also have...
Hi Curtis I also have a case 430 skid steer quit running and then no start. bypass starter ignition wire jump across the selenoid I can get it to turn over but still no star. Foind blown 15amp fuse in fuse panel that has a lock symbol on it, replace it starts up unfortunately as soon as I take off the parking brake it blows the fuse and stalls it again. bypased seat bar switch with a jumper wire starts runs operates does not blow fuse however left bucket control ( up and down) does not work please help
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/8/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** you specifically looking for Curtis on this and can wait until he is available or do you need immediate assistance with this? Let me know and I would be glad to help. If you prefer to work with Curtis I can send him an e mail in case maybe he has not seen your post or might not be online.

I requested Curtis as he had written some responses to a similar problem on a Case 430 skid steer if you have got answers for me I will be happy to listen

What is your serial number? Series 3? Let me know which one below.

(430) SKID STEER BSN 430 NA N7M479683; 430 EU N7M479546 (2/05-)

(430) SKID STEER - SERIES 3, ASN 430 NA N7M479683; 430 EU N7M479546 (1/08-)

You likely have a short either in the harness to the solenoids or the electric over hydraulic solenoid is shorted internally for the parking brake. To confirm this you will need to hook everything up the way it was and install a circuit breaker the same amperage in place of the fuse to save on fuses during testing. Then unplug the park brake solenoid to see if the breaker trips still. If not, reconnect the coil and if the breaker trips you have a shorted coil. You will disconnect the solenoids in that circuit to determine it is shorted. If the breaker still trips with those components disconnected then check the harness for shorts. Let me know

Where do I find the brake solenoid and these circuits that you discussed?Why when I bypass the lap bar switch does it not blow the fuse when I take off the parking brake?
Hi Dan checking out the links that you submitted to me looks as though the ROP has has to be flipped or come off in order to access these selonoids? My serial number is ***** N5M418692 thanks

You are correct. The ROP needs to be raised into the service position to access the solenoids.

Thanks Dan will check it out tomorrow or Monday and let you know what I come up with

Sounds good. Pleasure to help