Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a ex270-5 that walks normal on the right track and…

Customer Question
I have a ex270-5 that...
I have a ex270-5 that walks normal on the right track and slow on the left getting 160 lpm on right and 60 lpm on the left
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/1/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. 9 out of 10 excavator travel problems are due to failed rotary manifold seals causing a bypass in pressure. Resealing the manifold is part of the troubleshooting process as the labor/cost to reseal the manifold is less than adapting to it to test for bypass between the ports. Once resealed if the problem still exists and all other functions are strong, you will then be looking for excessive case drain on the problem drive motor to confirm a failed drive motor. Let me know