Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a bobcat 863 that the lift and tilt goes out on. One

Customer Question

Hi, i have a bobcat 863 that the lift and tilt goes out on. One day it will work just fine then the next day it wont work at all. Some times if you just leave it sit for a while it will start working again. Have you heard of any problems like this? Thanks
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Here as of lately if using it hard for a while all the electronics will go out then you will have to charge it for a while, we put in a new battery and the lift tilt problem still occurs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked to see if your alternator is charging?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are going to do that next, this problem with the tilt/lift has been going on for 4 years now and during this time we never had a problem with it powering out until the last couple months. We have replaced the safety bar swich, actuaters multiple times, reset able fuses, battery, and seat sensor so far.

You can check in the over head dash behind the plastic there are some relays that might have corrosion or might be loose connections