Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Cat 416B backhoe that died & won't start. The

Customer Question

I have a Cat 416B backhoe that died & won't start. The pickup pump is supplying fuel to the injection pump but no fuel to the injectors. The fuel shutoff solenoid has power to it and can be heard clicking.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Construction Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Construction Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If the fuel supply is good to the injection pump with no air or restrictions and the fuel shutoff solenoid is functioning but no fuel or very little fuel delivery from the pump to injectors it is a faulty injection pump in need of removal and rebuild at your local injection shop. Let em know