Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a Fiat Allis FD20 dozed with an iveco engine that has

Customer Question

I have a Fiat Allis FD20 dozed with an iveco engine that has basically failed. Apparently the US army installed cummins engines in all FD20 dozers back in the day. Do you know what size cummins engine & what is required to be changed/adapted- flywheel housing etc?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

There should be a military tag with ID number on it I would need that and I can get you the info, the tag can be on dash, door panel, door jam, ect.

The number should start with TM or LO or MEP.

Let me know and I can get you complete manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a military machine, I have a standard Fiat FD20 with an iveco 8215.22 engine but I have a cummins 855C engine that I want to fit to the machine as the iveco has failed. I found a guy in Brisbane that has a complete NT 855C cummins engine removed from a Fiat FD20 complete with torque convertor & pumps. He wants $16,000 for the complete package but I don't want to spend that sort of money for an engine & components that have been sitting outside for 2yrs with now oil in it. hgmachinery.com.au - he imports ex military parts & components. From what I can see, all I really need is the flywheel housing & flywheel from a military cummins 855C engine but I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Let me see what I can find and I will get back to you later today

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I have been unable to find anything that would definitely be correct parts sorry