Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Mid code : Cat D8T MID 36 codes,190-0,268-2,291-5,1796-3 all

Customer Question
mid code JA...
mid code
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Cat D8T MID 36 codes,190-0,268-2,291-5,1796-3 all have come together at the same time accompanied by loss of power.where do we look? cheers Boyd.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/14/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hear are details for each code.

Engine Speed signal abnormal

MID 036 PID 0190 FMI 08
Conditions Which Generate This Code:

The Electronic Control Module (ECM) receives erratic data from the engine speed/timing sensor.

System Response:

The ECM will log the diagnostic code. The check engine lamp will illuminate after a delay. The ECM will default to the signal from the secondary engine speed/timing sensor.

Possible Performance Effect:

There are no performance effects.
Note: If the signals from both engine speed/timing sensors are lost, then the engine will shut down.

Check Programmable Parameters

MID 036 CID 0268 FMI 02
Conditions Which Generate This Code:

The Electronic Control Module (ECM) detects one of the following conditions:

At least one system configuration parameter is not programmed.
At least one injector trim file is not programmed.
System Response:

The diagnostic code will only be active. The check engine lamp will illuminate while this diagnostic code is active. Any unprogrammed parameters are set to the default value.

Possible Performance Effect:

The unprogrammed parameters determine the action that is taken by the ECM.

Engine Cooling Fan Solenoid open circuit

MID 036 CID 0291 FMI 05
Conditions Which Generate This Code:

The Electronic Control Module (ECM) detects an open circuit or a short to +Battery condition in the circuit for the engine cooling fan solenoid.

System Response:

The ECM logs the diagnostic code. While the condition is present, the ECM loses the ability to control the engine cooling fan.

Possible Performance Effect:

Overheating of the engine
Overcooling of the engine

The 1796 code is not appearing in my service information for D8T. I can only find a gen***** *****st showing it as Intake Manifold #2 Air Temperature Sensor.

This may be your issue but, without the full serial number, I cannot help further and I will OPT-OUT so others can assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks,looking like a loom problem going to the engine ECU ,maybe a junction or terminal plug.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician