Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Looking diagram of the 977 Traxcavator steering clutch

Customer Question
Looking for a diagram...

Looking for a diagram of the 977 Traxcavator steering clutch control valve. Long story but we got a tree up into something and the machine will not go into gear. A bunch of fluid came out and we think it is the steering fluid?

Mechanic's Assistant: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?

We have to get it moved because water is rising and it will be under water by this tomorrow if don't get it going

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/2/2016
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 6 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Steering control does not drive the tractor, it only stop the drive to the track you select.

I would believe you have damaged the tractor linkage and the transmission control valve is not returning to neutral.

If transmission is not in neutral when starting, the safety valve prevents the transmission engaging any gear.

Follow the attached file to check you transmission control linkages for correct settings.

If you need more help, please post the full tractor serial number with your reply.