Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 1997 beaver Monterrey RV with a 3126 cat diesel. I

Customer Question
can't seem to get it...
I have a 1997 beaver Monterrey RV with a 3126 cat diesel. I can't seem to get it started
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/29/2016
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 1 year ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Does the engine spin over but not start?
Does the yellow check engine light come on when the key is turned to the on position?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a red "engine warning" light on and a red "park brake" light on when the ignition is in the on position. When the ignition is turned off a red "do not shift" light comes on. The engine will not crank with the key but will crank with the remote start button. The engine will run for just a bit with starting fluid. I don't see a yellow light
Mechanic: William Herren, OWNER replied 1 year ago
William Herren
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you. Can I please have your engine serial number.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1WM09316
Did it just start doing this or has it been like this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The RV has been sitting for 2-3 years. It started ok then but not now. We have new batteries and clean terminals. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got it to run for just a bit on starting fluid and the tachometer did not respond. The gauges appear to be responding
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Allison transmission control panel doesn't seem to have power
Will you please check the fuses at the battery box. Be sure to use a test light and test both sides of the fuse, also take a multimeter and take a reading where the power comes in to the inline fuse holder with the fuse removed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked all fuses, circuit breakers, relays, and solenoid in the battery box and the electrical box and measured close to 12.6V every where.
Do you have an Allison black box in your electrical compartment? Also, can you locate the relay for your Allison transmission?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a black box in the electric box and it says that there is a relay
Can you verify that connection 85 is power(12volts) and 86 is ground?
Or please send pic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could not find 85 or 86. The Allison transmission model is MD3060
Can you please send pic of the electric box
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The box with 6 relays and 2 fuses has a model number 29509886. I moved all 6 relays around and it didn't seem to change anything. Both fuses have 12.6V on both terminals.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The control box ecu has a part number 29524778 and it has 2 connectors with about 30 wires each
Thank you for the information. I am trying to assist you. I don't know your skill level, 85 and 86 are common circuits in every relay. When I request a picture it is so I can mark it up with instructions as to what to do and send it back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get a picture of the electrical box tomorrow.
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, got ya. I will see about checking 85 86 on the relays too. Thanks for the help!
Thank you, ***** ***** 5 stars
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If there is a particular relay for the transmission, I don't know where it is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?
I apologize, when you don't respond for several days it's hard for me to help. I will opt out so another professional can help you.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Bradley Martin

Hello

I will assist you with your issue. If I am understanding correctly you still do not have power going to the transmission control unit where the relays are am I correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we get another tech or a refund? Thank You
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin