Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My skid steer won't start. It'll just turn on the instrument…

Customer Question
Hi my skid steer won't...
Hi my skid steer won't start. It'll just turn on the instrument lights showing the glow plugs and flash the battery light then click. The battery has charge and everything, would the starter just go out like that? I parked it last night and came this morning and it just clicks.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/27/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Is the click coming from the starter solenoid at the starter? Do you have a voltmeter to see if solenoid is getting full battery voltage to the switch terminal on the starter solenoid? If there is full voltage to the switch terminal, either the stater is bad or the engine is locked! Make and model?

did you see my response?