Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 299c track loader when operating a brush cutter…

i have a cat 299c...
i have a cat 299c track loader when operating a brush cutter you should be able to rotate thumb wheel and hols lower rt button on left joystick to get constant flow this used to work any ideas
5/13/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi me name is***** you have the digital control panel to access fault codes? Are there any codes logged in the ECM?
don't have digital panel
Do you have access to Cat ET? The C series has everything running through the ECM and outside of inspecting harnesses and connector with continuity, voltage and ground tests Cat ET is needed to check switch and sensor status with live data and to check the ECM parameter, run calibrations etc. Click this link for the schematics and troubleshooting help outside of having ET plugged in with a laptopTroubleshooting
Dan, Technician
Phone call session started
I was wondering if there is a relay connected to to the lower rt button
It was a pleasure speaking with you the other day. Keep me posted.