Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Gehl 5625 skid steer lever to reverse moves easy but trying…

Gehl 5625 skid steer lever...
Gehl 5625 skid steer lever to reverse moves easy but trying to push it forward I'd very hard,what would cause this.
5/11/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi Karl, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Please post your serial number of your machine. Check the linkage for wear (bent/damaged linkage, worn/seized bushings,etc) and anything binding in either direction. If okay the problem could be internal in the control valve of the pumps. Check the filter for signs of metal/debris indication an internal problem. Let me know
I have already been through all of that,a few years ago I replaced both the control boost with new ones and that when it started,I did rebuild the old ones,have not reinstalled them,I have been reading and I found something about a forward solenoid and a reverse solenoid but have not been able to figure out where they are.
Thanks for the update. What is your serial number?
I gotta find where it is maybe awhile.
That is ok, i log in periodically throughout the day and at night.... i have to log out for a few hours anyway.I help on here in between jobs and as i am able. I will reply back on my next available log in and we can post back and forth as needed
O
I put the original va k vessel back on that I rebuilt now it works right,now I just gotta figure out what is wrong with the ones I bought a few years ago brand new,than j s for the effort.Original valves back .Thanks for the effort.
Great news and thanks for the update. Glad you got this resolved. Please remember to rate my service when you have a few moments as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.
Dan, Technician